Balance w/ Claire Morgan / Bloody Mary / Michael Magnan
Resident Advisor: https://www.residentadvisor.net/events/1392114
◾️ BLOODY MARY ◾️ Whether in her vinyl DJ sets or hardware productions, Bloody Mary's work speaks to an unflinching vision of heavy, funked-up techno rooted in the psychedelia of the 303. As the honcho behind Dame Music, she’s supplied the world with a steady stream of grimy, cavern-dweller workouts. Recently, she had the honor of reworking Phuture’s definitive “Acid Tracks.” Having entranced the NY underground, Bloody Mary returns to New York for her first set at Basement.
◾️ CLAIRE MORGAN ◾️A bubbling up favorite in Berlin and across Europe, Claire Morgan's career has wound through film music, classical performance and ambient soundscapes. Her strength lies in bringing a freshness and sense of new life, guiding you through the night with purpose and narrative. Her skills were honed in Australia, but it’s in the techno capital that her formidable style and sharp instincts have come into their own.
◾️ MICHAEL MAGNAN ◾️ Michael Magnan is a mainstay of NY's current and past queer underground. As Fatherhood, alongside fellow “rave dad” Physical Therapy, and as half of FNV, he’s brought a bumping buyonance to the city’s underground. His recent sets at Boiler Room, Holy Mountain and Nowadays’ 24 hour parties have pushed his tight-but-unabashed selections into the limelight. Magnan will open the night.
🖤 And please remember:
- Consent is mandatory.
- Zero tolerance for racism, homophobia, transphobia, sexism, ableism or any form of discrimination. If you feel unsafe at anytime, speak to security.
- The dance floor is for dancing. No photos/videos are allowed.
- Our bathrooms are unisex, with private stalls.
- BASEMENT is a 21+ venue. Valid identification is required.
- Violating the house rules will result in removal.
- The club accepts all major Credit Cards and Cash. We do have an ATM.
billing order reflects running order
artwork by Becca Abbe
sound by January
presented by Justin Cudmore